Capsule size is influenced by the following parameters:
- Shell (external) nozzle size - major influence
- Core (internal) nozzle size – moderate influence
- Liquid flow rate for shell - moderate influence
- Liquid flow rate for core material – minor influence
- Vibration frequency - moderate influence
- Physico-chemical properties of the encapsulation mixture - minor influence.
The most important parameter for capsule production is the size of the shell nozzle. In general final capsule diameter is about twice the size of the shell nozzle aperture.
What influences the core size within core-shell capsules.