The advanced extraction training will deepen your knowledge about Extraction. Depending on the participants’ interest this training will have a focus on classical extraction using different extraction methods (e.g. Soxhlet extraction, hot extraction, Twisselmann extraction, etc.) or on modern extraction (Pressurized Solvent Extraction using the SpeedExtractor). During hands-on sessions you will perform a total fat determination of a food sample incl. homogenization and hydrolysis. For environmental samples you will see the complete workflow from sample to extract. Demo samples will be available for the training, however customer samples can also be discussed to help you find the ideal solution for your specific process.
Content of training
- Introduction into the extraction theory including different extraction methods.
- Hands-on: Total fat determination of a food sample
- Hands-on: Workflow of environmental samples
- Troubleshooting: method development, challenges of different sample materials
- Basic maintenance on BUCHI units H-506, E-500, E-800, E-916
BUCHI Labortechnik AG, CH-9230 Flawil, Switzerland
May 4 and 5, 2020